Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I finally finished it!

About a year ago my sister-in-law Wendy introduced me to the paper rose wreath. Rather than purchasing paper she used pages out of an old book, brilliant. I was dumbfounded at how easy it looked and had to make one for myself. I went out and bought a Styrofoam wreath, a low temp hot glue gun, and some aged books at the DI. I chose three books that were different sizes and tones to add variety.

I would sit down to watch a movie with Sam and curl about 20-25 roses. Yes... this is a very time consuming project. Sam actually curled most of the large roses and quite a few of the small ones, sadly he was much better at it than I was. For months it seemed to mock me, only needing about 30 more roses and a ribbon.

About a week ago I couldn't stand letting the finished wreath just lay flat collecting dust on a shelf. I found a ribbon in my recycled Christmas ribbon that matched my living room perfectly and finally hung it on the wall.

 If you are interested in making your own here is a tutorial.